Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Like a good friend...


Good books are like a good friend...I have several favorites that I have to re-read every once in a while. One such book is called The School of God, by Peggy Arbogast. My family discovered this book years ago, and I have probably read it once a year or so ever since. The copy my family has is old, and the cover is taped together, it is so well loved. =) When I moved out, I decided I couldn't possibly go without this wonderful book, so I had to find my own copy. It is an old book, well out of print now, but I was able to find a copy that was in good shape. I was so excited! It looks a little strange to me every time I see it, still being used to the red cover on the copy my family has, but it just takes turning a few pages to bring the familiarity back. I really enjoy the excitement and suspense of a book I have never read, but there is something about the comfort and pleasure that comes from reading a favorite - again.

No comments: