Thursday, April 30, 2009

Projects...

I've been spending my spare time the last few weeks working on some sewing and craft projects...


I've discovered that I love little projects that I can do by hand, like when we're watching a movie or something. I found this pattern for these little booties (found on knitandcrochettoday.com) and decided to try them while we took a road trip yesterday. They were pretty fast and easy and turned out cute - although I had problems getting both of them to be the same size!

I've been wanting a cute white skirt for a while - I've made one before, but it didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to. I decided to try again - this time somewhat copying one I saw at a store. It ended up being a little bit shorter than I wanted it - I had made it with a ruffle but then decided I liked it better without the ruffle, so it ended up a little short.

Seth has been riding his bike to work when the weather is nice, so he wanted a messenger bag to carry his work clothes and shoes. I made this one based on a basic tote bag - turned sideways with a single long strap and an added flap. The best part - I had all the material on hand, so it only cost a couple of dollars for the D-rings!

No comments: