Friday, June 24, 2016

Getting Ready for Baby

With only a few days to go before my due date, we're officially on baby watch around here.  I'm trying to finish up some little things I want to get done (grocery shopping, etc.), but for the most part I've made it through my long, nesting to-do list.  My garden has been planted, I got the windows and curtains washed, the tub scrubbed, and a couple of rooms painted.  I have food in the freezer, ready to go.  The Moses basket is in place and little newborn clothes are in the drawer.


There has been a theme around here of starting projects and almost finishing them, but not quite, so a big portion of my list was working through those things.  Our bathroom trim, which has been unfinished for over two years because we weren't quite sure what to do with it, is finally done, which makes me so happy!  We had to do a bit of toilet fixing, for the third time, and we're hoping this time's the charm.



I also finally finished painting the trim in the living room.  I was hoping to also finish the trim around the front door we put in a year ago, but we weren't able to get to that one.  I still have hopes of finishing it before winter, but we'll see!  :)

Seth built a new front porch last summer, and it was done except for one final coat of paint that we didn't get to before the weather got rainy, so I finished that up.



The last big project were working on is a play set for the kids.  We've talked about doing this for a long time, but we were never sure if we wanted to do it because we also keep talking about moving.  But since we haven't moved, and since we don't have anything on the horizon, this seemed like a good time to do it.  With a brand new baby, we're planning a quiet, stay-home summer, so having something new and exciting in the backyard will be a good thing for everyone.  We're hoping Seth will be able to finish it up in the next few days.


So, we're ready to meet this new little person, and we can't wait to see who it is!  :)

4 comments:

PUPPPsMom said...

I just LOVE all that progress on your place! It looks lovely! Your nest is looking quite feathered. :) I'll be thinking of you and praying for a smooth, peaceful process. We are expecting number 5 in these parts around Christmas. Thank you, Lord, for new, fresh life!

Annaleah said...

Thanks! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Have you had any issues with your puppps yet? Hopefully that will go okay for you this time around!

Veronica M said...

Haha! You know it's not your first baby when your "nesting" is a huge list of home repairs! My sisters and friends who have recently had their first or second babies had things like getting their nails done and doing a spa day on their lists. Those things would be lovely but I never have time to do what I NEED to before a baby comes much less do things like paint nails that will be ruined the moment I start doing the dishes! Your list sounds a lot like mine!

Annaleah said...

So true! Haha! :)