Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Recent Reads

Since I love to read, and usually get through a large amount of books each year, I thought it would be fun to make a list of some of my favorites from the past few months.  I read a variety of self-help, memoir, fiction, and YA.  Most of these are books I read myself, but a few are new-to-me books I enjoyed with the kids.

The Benedict Option by Rod Dreher

The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin (Her Podcast is awesome, too!)

 This is Where You Belong by Melody Warnick

The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Burbaker Bradley

The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen (Linus LOVED this one!)

Where The Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin (Read-aloud with the kids!  Every day they'd beg me to read just a little bit more!)

Goodbye, Things by Fumio Sasaki

3 comments:

Christabelle said...

I will have to look into these! I'm glad you take some time to enjoy a good book. That can be hard as a mom!

Veronica M said...

I haven't read The Benedict Option but I am very interested in the idea of it from what I have heard from other people. There are a lot of negative views of the community idea but I don't think it has to be a "run away from the world" thing. It can be turned into that but it doesn't have to be, nor is that original intent behind the Benedict Option from what I see. I think it would be wonderful if Catholic families could all live near each other so that we can be examples to each other of how to live out the faith fully. In doing so we would then be able to go out and be better examples to others. I would absolutely love to live in a community like that!

Annaleah said...

Yes! I agree! I really enjoyed the book, and while I understand the criticisms, I agree it doesn't have to be a seperation from the world. I absolutely think as Christians we are to be in the world and serving and loving the world. But, having been without much true Christian community for a long time, I love the idea! :)