Sunday, May 2, 2010

English Muffins and Deodorant

So I was able to make both the English Muffins and Deodorant this week.


I made the English Muffin recipe from my More With Less cookbook, and they turned out delicious! They did get a little too brown on the outside, so I probably will try cooking them on lower heat next time, but we loved them! They were a little bit time consuming; I would recommend starting them earlier in the day so you're not trying to finish them at the same time you're trying to get dinner made, and if you have little kids you may not want to make them the same day you're trying to get a bunch of grocery shopping done! If I follow those ideas next time, I don't think they'll be as big of a deal!

As for my deodorant, I used this recipe. I thought I had purchased enough arrowroot powder, but I didn't, so I ended up using some of that and some cornstarch. I used 6 Tbsp. coconut oil, and it seemed a little too wet, so I ended up adding about 2 extra Tbsp. of cornstarch. The next day, though, it seemed maybe a little too dry, so I probably wouldn't add quite that much next time. Before trying this, I had my doubts about it, especially after my sister told me she had made it and didn't like it. However, after using it for a few days, I am sold! I love that it is completely safe and natural and I think it works great. I asked Seth to try it, too, and he thought it worked well (and he is often pretty skeptical of some of the natural body products). I did try putting some in an old deodorant container, but I found that worked better to rub it in with your fingers, which defeats the purpose, so just putting it in a small jar or container works well.

I am so glad to have found two new recipes that I love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your muffins look really good, and I am going to give the deodorant a try - after Mom makes it :)
Dad