Monday, May 21, 2012

A New (old) Sewing Machine (Or Two)




Seth found this 1956 sewing machine at a salvage shop for just $15 and bought it for me for Mother's Day.  It is so darling!  It is currently brightening up my laundry room, although I do want to try it out to see if it will actually sew something.  Wouldn't that be a fun machine to sew on?




The guy at the salvage shop said he had another one at home that we could have if we wanted it, so when we went back so I could check out the shop, we brought that one home, too, for just $5!  It's the same brand, a Morse, but newer, probably from the 60s.  I cleaned it up and have been trying to get it to sew.  It's in good shape and seems to work, except that I can't get the upper and bobbin thread to connect, so it won't actually make stitches.  I've been trying to look for possible solutions but haven't figured out what the problem is yet.  Hopefully I can get it to work!  =)

No comments: