Saturday, June 23, 2012

Our Art Center

I am a huge fan of encouraging creativity and imagination in our kids.  A great way to do this, I think, is by allowing them to have the ability to do art whenever they want.  For quite some time now, I have been planning on making the kids a little art center, and I'm so happy that I've finally been able to do it!


It's pretty simple, just baskets on the wall containing basic art supplies: paper, crayons, colored pencils, etc.  There's enough space to allow them some different options without becoming overwhelming for them or me (with the mess!)  Every once in a  while I'll rotate different things through, like stickers, punches, collage materials, etc.  When Ezra gets a little older, I'll include things like scissors and string.

In a small house, every room serves double (or triple) duty!

I absolutely love how our little art center has turned out!  The kids do, too, which is evident by its daily use!

No comments: