Thursday, August 16, 2012

Garden Harvests

 I've been considering my garden this year as an experiment.  As our first garden here, I didn't know what the soil would be like and I'm quite the gardening novice, anyway.  Fortunately, we've been blessed with lots of sun this year, my garden is in a great sunny spot, and our experiment has turned out to be quite a success!


My garden a few days ago - I've since pulled out the finished broccoli and lettuce.  Not the neatest and
prettiest garden, but it's been providing lots of delicious veggies for us!

We've harvested some broccoli, and had an abundance of lettuce, peas, and zucchini.  A few crops didn't do as well, such as the radishes, spinach and beets, and others we're still waiting for, like beans, potatoes and cucumbers.

Most of my seeds were given to me by my mother-in-law, which was fun, because she gave me some things I wouldn't have thought of planting, like the zucchini, which has turned out to be one of my favorite (and most productive) crops!  We've been eating it, giving it away, and freezing more for later!  Being able to do all three of those things is, in my mind, true gardening success!  =)


No comments: