Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day...and a Three Year Old!

Early last week we were able to do a couple of Valentine's projects:

The kids made these fun heart prints (found here):



I made these fun M&M pouches from by sewing squares of vellum together (I can't remember where I got the idea):



Seth had the day off on Thursday, so we were able to have a nice day at home celebrating Valentine's Day and Joanna's third birthday!

I don't usually decorate for holidays (except Christmas), but I thought the kids would enjoy something a little special, so I hung a bunch of paper hearts in the dining room, which was fun!


We were able to enjoy a nice Valentine's Day breakfast, complete with little gifts and treats!  



For another fun treat we used Red Vine "straws" to drink our milk at lunch!




The rest of the day was spent celebrating our big girl!



One of the little gifts in Joanna's birthday bag was these "Lolly Dollys" made from this tutorial.  They turned out cute, although they would have been even cuter if I'd had a few more washi tape designs!


No comments: