Thursday, November 7, 2013

October

I have to say I am sooo glad October is over.  I don't remember having that crazy of a month in a long time.  Seth is back into the full swing of school, and since this is his last quarter, he's also been spending a lot of time hunting and applying for jobs.  I, of course, had the normal full-time job of taking care of four kids and a house (the laundry these days - it's ridiculous!), but I was also extremely busy sewing for the bazaar I was in at the end of the month.  I really enjoy participating in the bazaar; it just made for some crazy weeks this year.  If I had been on top of things, I would have had that stuff done long ago, but I didn't, so it was definitely a scramble.  I'm so thankful Toby is such an easy baby, or I never would have finished it all!  Speaking of Toby, a couple of weeks ago we found out he has two hernias that will require surgery sometime in the coming months.  Poor little guy.  Then Ezra was sick for several days.  And, on top of all that, we've definitely been going through some new-baby adjustments with the older kids.  I think we've run the whole gamut of things - from attention seeking to potty issues to meltdowns to plain old defiance to bickering amongst themselves.  I don't think it helped that Mommy and Daddy were busier than usual, either.  Sooo...anyway, here's to a better November!  It hasn't started off awesome, since almost everyone has a cold right now and is not feeling great, but it will get better!  =)

And lest you think October was all bad, here are some pictures to prove that we did have some fun, too!

We went to the pumpkin farm...



...twice!




Then, of course, we had to carve one of our pumpkins!

The kids were getting ideas from one of our new favorite fall
books: Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White


Although we don't go Trick-or-Treating ourselves, we enjoy handing out candy to those that come to our house.  The kids have been looking forward to the "costume guys" coming for weeks.  We got dressed up, too, for fun.




No comments: