Saturday, January 10, 2015

Christmas 2014



We had a lovely Christmas.  We have three celebrations, really; one with Seth's family on Christmas Eve, Christmas morning at home, then a third on Christmas afternoon with my family.  It makes for two very fun and full days, which of course led to this on the way home both nights:




There is something really sweet and special about driving home in the dark with a car full of sleeping kids.  I absolutely love it!

I didn't make too many gifts this year - pajamas for each of the kids, cloth napkins for their stockings, and a couple of other gifts.  Ever since telling myself a couple of years ago that just because I can make gifts doesn't mean I have to, Christmas has seemed a bit simpler.  I love making gifts, but putting that expectation on myself had become a bit of a burden, so it's more freeing to feel like I have a choice!  =)

Besides their stockings, the kids each got one present from us, something they really wanted or that we thought they would really like.  I think we chose well!







Poor Toby didn't get a lightsaber like the big boys (he got a boring blanket), but apparently he should have - he loves them, too!

2 comments:

PUPPPsMom said...

Ah, the freedom to NOT make everything. :) There are years for that! You are looking lovely as a momma to be. Hope you are feeling well!

Annaleah said...

Yes, I'm sure there will come a time when I'm bored and have to make things just to keep busy, but now is not it! =) Thanks! I'm doing well but getting anxious to meet this little person! =)