Sunday, April 20, 2008

Skirts

A peek at a project I'll be working on this week - it needs to be completed for a trip I'm taking this weekend.


I bought this book a while ago - and I absolutely love it!


I haven't used a skirt pattern since buying it, and I have made several skirts that have turned out really well. It took me a few tries to get the skirts to fit properly, since for some reason I seem to be able to wear things that are a smaller size than my actual measurements, but other than that everything has turned out great! This book has lots of great ideas for different styles of skirts, and it includes lots of tips that are helpful. I think my favorite thing about this book is that it not only gives instructions to follow to make certain skirts, but it gives the inspiration and knowledge to be able to be creative and come up with your own designs, too! Skirts are one of the easiest and cheapest things to sew. Since they only take a yard and a half or so of fabric, a zipper, and some thread, I can often make a nice skirt for $5 or less.

No comments: