Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wet Bag

I've been trying to use my cloth bags at the grocery store more often, but in order to do so, I have had to find replacements for the uses I had for store bags. I used paper bags to hold our recycling, then just took it all out to the recycling bin when it was full. I no longer need these since I was able to get a nice plastic recycling tote bag from the city. Plastic bags I used for garbage can liners and also for holding wet diapers in the diaper bag. I don't have a way to replace them in the garbage can, but I'm pleased to say I no longer need them for holding wet diapers!
I first saw the concept of a wet bag at Passionate Homemaking, and was intrigued. It is a zippered bag, lined with vinyl to hold wet items. I had plenty of leftover vinyl from the changing pad, so I decided to try making one. It was a little tricky for me to put it together so the seams were in between the layers, but it's not bad as long as I don't look at it too closely! It works wonderfully! I wipe it out with my vinegar cleaner each time I use it so it stays clean and odor-free!

No comments: