Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Fun, Part 1

One of my goals this year was to do lots of fun family Christmas activities.  Benjamin and Joanna are old enough now to start remembering the things we do, and I want to establish fun and meaningful traditions that they will look back on when they're older.

Some of the things we've been doing:


We're doing Advent readings every night using The Jesus Storybook Bible, but I also made a simple Advent wreath that we light along with our readings on Sundays.  The holly is so pretty that it almost makes me want to keep the trees we have in the front yard.  Almost.

Last year I started making matching pajamas for the kids for Christmas Eve.  I love making pajama pants - they are so quick and easy - and I love that I don't have to buy a pattern (I trace pants they already have).  They're really inexpensive, too - this year I made them with Black Friday sale flannel that cost about $2 a pair!

Of course we have the basic traditions - like tree decorating!  I don't worry about having a perfect tree - so everyone helps!



We put some lights on the outside of the house, too!  It looks like a cute little gingerbread house at night!  =)


No comments: