Monday, December 3, 2012

Handmade Gifts for Kids

I finished up a couple of the gifts I was working on for the kids and I am so happy with how they turned out!

The first project was these darling little wooden people.  I kept them simple mostly because I want the kids to be able to use their imaginations with these and simplicity helps with that, but also because I am not a painter and I didn't have much confidence in my skills beyond this!  =)  I absolutely love them!  They are exactly what I love toys to be - natural, quality, simple and imaginative.  Perfect!


The next project was playsilks!  I used the Kool-aid dye method which was easy and inexpensive.   The colors turned out beautiful and I know that the kids are going to have lots of fun with these!   I enjoyed dyeing these myself and at about $5 each, they were much cheaper than the $15 or so that pre-dyed playsilks usually cost.  





No comments: