Friday, March 27, 2015

The 4-Year Coat

Winter coats usually seem to last our children two years, which is great since it saves money and storage space.  But I have a special fondness for Joanna's coat, which I just realized she has been wearing for four winters now!   How does a coat fit a growing child for four years?  I'm not really sure, but I'm not complaining!  In fact, now that I know how long she's had it, I'm kind of sad that I'll soon have to put it away, now that the sleeves are (finally) getting too short.  Just for fun, I looked back through pictures to see if I could find one with her wearing it from each winter.


We bought it for her way back in 2011, when she was just one and a half.  She was in a size 2 then, so I bought a size three, which was a little big, but I was hoping it might still fit her the next year, too.  I guess my thinking paid off!

That first year it was a little long, and we had to roll the sleeves up, but it worked great!

The next year it fit her better, though the sleeves might have still been a smidge long.

Last year it fit her perfectly!

And this year it has still fit her well, although now the sleeves are starting to get a bit short.

I'll definitely be holding on to this coat, since I'm not sure I could ever find another one like it!

No comments: