Friday, March 18, 2011

Mini Bathroom Makeover!

I've been wanting to do something different with my bathroom decorating for a while. It was just boring and not very attractive. I really wanted to make it a bit more old-fashioned and homey looking. A couple of months ago I replaced a glass shelf I didn't like with this antique crate, which I'm using to hold hand towels, and I love it!


I really wanted to change the purple and blue color scheme, but I couldn't justify buying new towels, since these ones are still perfectly good. I finally thought of adding in more yellow, which is a cheerful color, but it also goes well with purple and blue. I had originally planned to add a few yellow touches to my purple and blue bathroom, but hadn't gotten beyond the yellow garbage can. So now was my chance! I got a couple of pieces of yellow fabric, and along with some I already had, I made some patchwork strips that I sewed on to one side of each of my hand towels.


I picked up a couple of cute yellow bowls with a gift card, and they hold some toiletries.


I also made a new rug, using the design from Handmade Home, by Amanda Soule.


I love how everything turned out! The bathroom looks much more cheerful and welcoming, and since I mostly just updated the things I already had, I only spent around $12, for the fabric and rug materials.

No comments: