Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Craft Bazaar!



Just as I was wishing I had some more sewing projects to work on, I found out my church was going to be putting on a craft bazaar, something I've always wanted to do. I had about three weeks to make some things to sell, which was the perfect amount of time to allow me to make a good number of things without having it hanging over my head for a long time! Having never done anything like this before, I really had no idea what or how much to make, so I just decided to make a a variety of different things and see what happened! Most of the things I made are things that I use and love, which made them even more fun to make and sell!

It was a fairly small-scale bazaar, so I didn't sell tons of things, but I did sell enough to cover my all my supply costs with a little profit, which was my goal! And I still have a big box of things that I'm now trying to decide what to with - gifts, Etsy, a craft fair? It was a fun experience - and very satisfying to actually sell things that I made!



Since I've been sewing pretty much non-stop the last few weeks, I am finally feeling like I have gotten in my sewing fix, and am ready to move on to some other projects - such as getting ready for the baby!

No comments: