Tuesday, May 21, 2013

In Preparation for Baby....

There isn't really much that I will have to do to get ready for baby #4, since we pretty much have everything that we need, but one thing that was on my list was to make new cloth diaper wipes.  I made cloth wipes way back when Benjamin was a baby (shown here), but after nearly 4 1/2 years of constant use, they were a little the worse for wear.....


I was lucky enough this time to have lots of cute flannel scraps in my stash, so our new wipes are very colorful and cheery!  I improved them a bit from last time, too, making them two layers instead of one, so they are thicker and work a bit better.  To save time, I skipped the serger and just zig-zagged around the edges.  They fray a bit the first time they're washed, but then they shouldn't.


My storage method has remained the same over the years - I still keep them in the same wipes box I had  4 years ago, and I still use a squirt bottle of water to wet them down as needed.  This works great for us!

No comments: