Monday, January 28, 2008

A small tragedy...

I went in to work today to find one of my class' beloved fish had breathed his last over the weekend. I was hoping it wouldn't happen, but wasn't surprised, since he had been sick all last week. Toward the end of the week, when he wasn't getting better on his own, we had given him some medicine, hoping to save him, but unfortunately it didn't. I felt so bad for him.... The kids don't know yet. On Friday we told them that he was sick, just to prepare them a little bit in case this did happen....
Except for one fish that died right after we got them, this is the first one to die since I put the fish in our classroom about a year and a half ago, which really probably isn't bad since we have about 10 fish in our class, and most of them I received from someone who had them for a while before she gave them to me.
I still feel terrible for him, though...I probably shouldn't get so attached to these little critters that don't usually last very long...

No comments: