Saturday, October 6, 2007

Finally...

I finally finished the book I've been reading for probably about two weeks (I can't remember exactly when I started it). It usually doesn't take me that long to read a book, since I love reading, but it was one of the longer books I've read and it's hard to find the time to read. But I spent a total of about 3 hours today reading and I finished it! I've seen the movie a couple of times and really enjoyed it, so I got the book from the library and was pleased to find that it was very similar to the movie. It always bugs me when a movie is made based off a book and lots of things are changed. But Wives and Daughters didn't disappoint me, although I was very surprised to learn while reading that the author died before finishing the story. It was almost finished, though, and what wasn't in the book can be assumed based off the rest of the story. I've ordered the movie from the library, also, since I want to see it again, but it will probably be several months before I receive it, as I was 36 in the holds list, and there are only 8 copies to go around!

No comments: