Sunday, October 14, 2007

Home Sweet Home

It's nice to be home. We just got back from a three-day trip to Montana. It's always nice to be able to get away from the norm for a few days and relax, miss a little work and get a break from the routine, cleaning the house, doing dishes, etc. It was a good trip. It was a long bus ride there and back (more on that later), but we had a fun weekend. As good as it is to be home, sometimes I come back from a trip and wish I wasn't home quite yet. Because as soon as I get home, I start thinking about everything that I need to do and wish that I could postpone a bit longer. And as relaxing as it can be to get away for a few days, it can add more busyness and stress later, because sometimes there are more things that now need to be done. I often get some things done on the weekend, and since I was gone, I now have to fit those things into an already busy week. Like the grocery shopping I usually get done on Saturdays that I have to try to do sometime early this week. And I usually do my laundry on Sundays, but we'll have to make do until Wednesday. But all in all, a little extra work this one week is worth being able to "escape" for a couple of days, especially since it's something we don't do too often.

No comments: