Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sewing Station


Lately I've been looking at our apartment to see how I can make it work better for us and the things we do. We have a desk in our bedroom that isn't being used at the moment, because everything that is typically done at a desk is done at our kitchen table. I wanted to be able to use it for something, not only because it seems like a waste to not use it, but also because I really like my desk and felt bad that I wasn't using it. So, I came up with a solution. I turned it into my sewing station. Now not only will the desk be put to good use, but it will also be a lot easier for me to sew, because I won't have to drag the sewing machine out of the closet every time I want to sew, something that has always been an annoyance to me. I set up the sewing machine, and took all of my sewing supplies out of their storage box and placed them in containers on the desk, so that they will be easily accessible. I also placed a small bench at the end of my bed, which perfectly holds my fold-up ironing board, so that I'll be able to iron my projects right there, also. It all turned out great - now I just need to think of a project to do!

1 comment:

Lady of the house said...

What a pleasant workspace.