Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Three Fun Thanksgiving Learning Activities



I came upon a couple of super cute thanksgiving/fall activities that I knew I had to put together for the kids!



 

I absolutely loved this little felt turkey found here.  Amazingly, I was able to find five buttons that perfectly matched pieces from my felt stash!  Despite how adorable he is, the kids found him a little difficult, so he wasn't a huge favorite.  We'll bring him out again next year to try again!


This clothespin turkey, found here, is also super cute and was quick and easy to make.  I used cardboard for the body, though, because I wanted him to be a bit more sturdy (and because that's what I had!).  The kids liked this activity!



Since I have three kids and only two activities I decided I needed to make one more to give Ezra something to do, too!  I didn't find anything online that I liked, so I made up my own simple activity.  I just drew a bare tree on the inside of an empty file folder then cut out some felt leaves.  I didn't think it was that exciting, but I wanted something easy enough for Ezra to do.  To my surprise, this was the kids' favorite activity!   They enjoyed filling the branches with leaves, pretending that the wind blew them off, then doing it all over again!

No comments: