Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Even the Small Things...

I love how God provides for us, in big ways and small...
I was out shopping a few days ago before Valentine's for a gift for Seth. After my initial idea didn't work, I decided to get him a frame for a Van Gogh print he's had for a while. We had agreed to try to stick to a $10 budget for Valentine's gifts this year, and I thought I probably could get a frame for that. I decided to go to Jo-Ann's, since I had a 40 percent off coupon. To stick to my budget, I needed to find a frame that would be $9 after the coupon. I got discouraged as I went through the frame aisle, though, as every frame I saw for the 11" by 14" size I needed was at least $20. That wasn't going to work. I said a quick prayer, asking God to provide something in my budget. I looked around some more, then came across a small section of frames for sale that were "oops" frames from the framing department. I looked at a couple, but they also were $20. But I looked a little more, and then came across one that was blue with a gold edge inside. It was the right size, and what's more, it was marked $8.99 on the back. It wasn't the black frame I had been looking for, but I thought that it might match the print. So I took it to the counter, and left it there while I brought the print in from my car, to see how it looked. The frame complemented the print perfectly, so I decided to get it. When the cashier rang up the frame, it came up for $20, but since it was marked $8.99, she gave it to me for that. Not only that, but she let me use my 40% off coupon, so I got the frame for only $5.87 with tax! I was able to stay within my budget and have enough money to buy a little candy to go with it! Seth thought the frame was perfect, and it now hangs in the living room in his little "guitar area".



Thank you, Lord, for your provision!

No comments: