Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Pretty Checkbook...

Until now I've had a normal, plain, plastic checkbook cover, you know, the kind they send you with your checks. It worked, but it was pretty boring. Then I found this pattern for a cloth checkbook cover. I thought it was a great idea! I've been so busy for the last several weeks, that I haven't been able to do any sewing, but I finally found some time to make one! I was pleased with how it turned out! It makes writing a check so much more fun! Who wouldn't love having something cute in their purse?



Just a note - if you decide to try this, when you sew the whole thing together, make sure you try the 1/4 inch seam allowance first. I made the mistake of doing 1/2 inch first, and my checks didn't fit, so I had to take it all out and do it over again - no fun. It's much easier to put stitches in than it is to take them out.

No comments: