Monday, February 4, 2008

It's all about the label...

Our current bathroom does not have shower doors, like our old one did, so we recently had to buy a shower curtain and rings. I couldn't find a curtain that I liked, so we ended up just getting a cheap curtain liner, and I'll add a cute curtain later. I looked for some cute curtain rings, but all were more than I wanted to spend. So I looked at the cheapest thing they had - which was rings that looked like this (sorry the picture is blurry):




They sold in a pack of 12 for about $8. Looking closer at them, though, I realized that they were nothing more than loose-leaf rings, the kind you can buy at an office store to hold papers together. I thought that I could probably buy this same thing at an office store for cheaper than $8. Sure enough, I found a package of 12 2-inch rings for just $4 - half the price! They work perfectly! It sure pays to check things out - it's amazing how a simple re-labeling can double the price!

No comments: